High school diploma or GED required.
- Very strong computer skills, including knowledge and strong ability to use Google and Microsoft products, including Excel and Google Sheets
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and skills using, posting, and interacting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge and skills using and interacting on fundraising/crowdfunding campaign platforms (e.g. GoFundMe)
- Knowledge and skills using scheduling platforms (e.g. Doodle)
- Knowledge and skills conducting internet and database research
- Knowledge and skills using graphic design programs (e.g. Canva) to create social media postings and other marketing materials
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate:
- Multi-tasker; able to prioritize appropriately
- Positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Open to learning and growth
- Can manage time independently
- Commitment to and passion for addressing health disparities, equity, and anti-racism efforts
Supervision and Review:
The supervisor assigns work, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when required. The work is reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through concerns raised by stakeholders, and through observation of the employee at work.
Guidelines for Performing the Work:
Written or oral guides will offer specific instructions for completing most tasks. The employee may be required to independently make adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
Complexity of the Work:
For some tasks, the facts or conditions of the work are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment. For others, the employee must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete work assignments.
Purpose and Impact of Work Assignments:
The employee’s work product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of the overall program’s work product.
Nature of Contacts (contacts outside the supervisory chain that are essential for successful performance of the work):
- Community Groups
Purpose of Contacts:
To give or exchange information and help assure program quality.
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Part time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
This position does not require travel.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
A criminal history check is required. Applicants with criminal backgrounds are welcome to apply. Applicants will not be eligible for consideration if they have convictions of homicide (any degree), offenses that require registration on a sexual offender registry, and/or identity theft or related offenses. Applicants with other backgrounds may be considered.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.