KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An expectation of core competencies in relation to individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, including the ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the phone.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn area of customer service specializations.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer needs quickly.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn how to use applicable software quickly.
- Displays the ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Exhibits self-motivation, the ability to multitask and pay close attention to details.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible and immediately supervised by the Operational Director.
This position is responsible and held accountable for the following duties:
• Responsible for ensuring a positive client and guest experience for each individual who enters our facility.
• Maintain general knowledge of daily business operations, able to perform all client facing duties, to include assisting clients with medication pickup, scheduling appointments, collecting and processing ECHO financials and appropriate insurance documents, etc.
• Assist with facility opening and closing duties.
• Obtains DMH Member ID and DMH eligibility for individual as applicable.
• Responsible for creating and editing client charts or episodes in EHR, as applicable.
• Initiating Client Data Core (CDC), as applicable.
• Documenting client communication in EHR, as appropriate.
• Assist client with connection to clinician via iPad and providing a confidential setting for services.
• Assisting with connection to Crisis for walk-ins and call-ins, as appropriate.
• Scanning all required documents appropriately into EHR.
• Assists with finding clinical staff to complete screenings or crisis walk ins.
• Collect and process deductible and co-payments from individuals served.
• Assist with processing incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
• Responsible for maintaining medication inventory and ensuring compliance with medication protocol.
• Processes proof of insurance information for DMH consumers.
• Complete Patient Assistance Program applications and send to the pharmacy in a timely manner.
• Forwards medical records request in a timely manner to Medical Records Office, ensuring ROIs are completed entirely and accurately.
• Understands and promotes our Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) concept by providing or supporting community-based mental and substance use disorder services; advancing integration of behavioral health with physical health care; assimilating and utilizing evidence-based practices on a more consistent basis; and promoting improved access to high quality care.
• Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as requested.
• Participates in staff meetings as needed.
• Must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job requirement.
• Must meet “satisfactory” expectations at any scheduled job performance evaluation.
• Quality of work will be evaluated through training, skill, or special purpose. Must be competent and adequate.
Must perform the specific job duties as listed above to meet position expectations.
In addition, must possess skill in working cooperatively and effectively with clients, staff, management and other professional groups; in exercising mature judgment in dealing with people; in presenting ideas clearly and accurately; in reading and comprehending the English language; and in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.