POSITION PURPOSE: Present a positive first impression of the restaurant’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. Greet guests upon arrival with a smile, ensure guests’ have a pleasant and memorable dining experience and give a warm, sincere goodbye as they leave.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image.
- Greets guests upon entering the restaurant with a friendly smile and assists in any way while they are waiting.
- Guides guest as soon as possible to appropriate table. Answers any questions & offers any additional assistance
- Maintains waiting list (See Procedures) and coordinates seating with wait staff to ensure prompt attentive service to guest.
- Arrange for a booster seat (See Procedures) or high chair, as needed.
- Notifies manager of any guest that is perceived to be unhappy.
- Assists in ensuring guest satisfaction in any way and invites guest to return (See Procedures) in the proper manner.
- Maintains host/hostess station clean, organized & free of clutter. Ensures all menus are clean. Restocks necessary supplies (i.e. napkins, napkin bands, silverware) and ensures all supply areas are kept up to required levels. Informs manager of shortages & discusses problem areas with manager.
- Assists the Servers by running plates of food from the kitchen.
- Assists in expediting food orders in the kitchen as needed.
- May lift and carry trays or bus pans of dishes during the shift.
- May assist in the pre-roll and store silverware, per venue specifications.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Assists and supports team members, the Server, Expo, and Host/Hostess as required.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicating requests to Server as needed.
- Inspects restrooms every hour and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Performs closing duties according to available manager’s closing lists.
- Answers telephone properly (See Procedures) and answers questions accordingly.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of the position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious environment, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Fully understands the phrase “Sense of Urgency” and works to that level at all times, especially during the busiest hours of operation.
Job responsibilities are not limited to the responsibilities outlined here. All Duties that assist the restaurant to function successfully are part of the job.