Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic HR Manager to join the National HR team. As a consultant and implementer, will be accountable for the execution of HR strategy and all people related decisions and processes. The HR Manager will handle all facets of HR for two (2) Chicago greenhouses including: employee lifecycle, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, training, morale, and compensation/benefits. In addition, will be an integral member of the site leadership team and partner with managers in HR matters. Working closely with the Head of HR and regional HR Associates, this position will bridge the gap between strategic and tactical HR functions, initiatives, and processes. The successful candidate will be exceptional at handling multiple priorities, communications at all levels, handling confidential and sensitive materials, and influencing various levels of stakeholders.
In addition, the ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. Experience in the greenhouse or fresh produce or perishables is preferred but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and highly organized person to join a rapidly growing, innovative company that is disrupting the 21st century food system.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Implementation of all HR processes and projects for two (2) Chicago greenhouses.
• Partner with site level leadership to coach managers and ensure HR practices support business objectives.
• Spearhead HR resources and projects to contribute to overall HR strategy that have significant impact and influence to continuously improve business processes.
• Manage employee lifecycle: recruiting, onboarding, training, performance management, employee relations, training/development, offboarding.
• Ensure timely and clear bilingual communication for all HR employee initiatives.
• Manage data integrity for all employee data - especially consideration of confidential and sensitive matters.
• Partner with HR team to advise and deliver compensation and benefits information at site level.
• Act as a subject matter expert on state and local employment laws and regulations - advise as appropriate to ensure effective employee relations.
• Partner with Head of HR on matters as necessary to supporting site level effectiveness and local performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university.
• Spanish Fluency required.
• Minimum three (3) years of recent Human Resources generalist experience, with emphasis on hiring, employee relations, training & development, internal corporate communications, process transformation, and implementing innovative employee solutions.
• Experience implementing HR practices within a consumer, production, or manufacturing environment consisting of exempt and nonexempt production workforce is strongly preferred.
• Strong results orientation with a demonstrated ability to oversee practical, solution-driven initiatives and human resource processes that are perceived as quickly adding value to the business.
• Proactive self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
• Strong client orientation and ability to build working relationships, credibility, and trust.
• Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters, utilizing sound judgement in a complex environment; knowledge of IL and US employment laws.
• Experience working effectively with multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Additional skills: Microsoft Office, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS, Asana, Sharepoint.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Outstanding leadership skills with ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner, and develop trust and influence with all employees at all levels.
• Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Reliable and highly motivated with a creative proactive and collaborative team-focus.
• Passionate commitment to the company mission and vision.
• Appreciation of principles of sustainable agriculture and food.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers.
Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states. Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.