Primary Objective: To manage and supervise the activities of children and to ensure that the established policies and procedures of the Adventure Club School Age Care program are followed.
- Assist the Site Manager in the planning and facilitating of a recreational and educational program that meets the needs of the children.
- Closely supervise and interact with the children to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Help facilitate thematic kits and assist in the daily setup and cleanup of program activities.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures related to the overall operation and improvement of the Adventure Club Program.
- Assist in observing and documenting daily occurrences (child’s behavior, medication, accidents, attendance, snack count, special situations).
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and all school personnel.
- Cooperate with the Site Manager and co-workers in maintaining a working relationship that is both professional and personable.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with Site Manager to operate the program within the budget.
- Prepare routine paperwork that is neat, concise, and meets deadlines as requested by the Site Manager.
- Attend and contribute to site meetings, in-service, conferences, etc. as directed by the Program Coordinator, Site Manager, or Directors of Early Years Education.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Education: College credits preferred.
Experience: Working with children in a similar setting. Ability to assume responsibility, respect confidentiality, and demonstrate patience and compassion for children
Shift Type: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
WEBSTER GROVES SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & E-VERIFY PARTICIPANT