- Bilingual Spanish, required.
- Successful completion of a vetting process with the Santa Ana Police Department; includes a thorough background investigation, required.
- B.A. or AA required- Human Services, Criminal Justice, Psychology or related field preferred.
- One year experience in counseling or professional client support position in a domestic violence agency/program setting.
- Experience working with law enforcement.
- Knowledge of the principles of crisis counseling.
- Knowledge of the principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel and working knowledge of computer database program entry and report generation.
- Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Knowledge and comfort working with mobile technology devices.
- Satisfactorily complete post-hiring Domestic Violence 40 hour training.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in the field, in a 24-7 emergency shelter facility setting, and at the designated law enforcement agency. Works in a sometimes fast paced setting dealing with crisis intervention. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders to dust, sweep and/or mop to clean. Sit and/or stand frequently. Ability to climb stairs. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.