Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to email@example.com.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Credit Analyst II position in our Commercial Lending department! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and is also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Responsible for effectively conducting credit analysis including gathering, analyzing, and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers and portfolios. You will work closely with and assist your respective Team Leader and Relationship Managers with analysis and underwriting of new loan applications and portfolio management. You will apply your strong credit skills to structure loans with moderate to high complexity, while balancing loan growth with strategic risk management to ensure default risk is appropriately mitigated. You will also utilize your excellent organization skills with continual monitoring of the loan portfolio to ensure credit files are complete and well-maintained and notifying the Relationship Manager, Team Leader and the CCO of any potential adverse information and financial trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare and present credit requests to Team Leader, Relationship Managers, Credit Administration and loan committee for use in support of lending decisions on new loans, renewals of existing credit, and increased exposure to existing Clients.
- Maintain control over credit standings of accounts and furnish information relative to credit inquiries, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of commercial, construction and real estate credit analysis.
- Able to demonstrate moderate to superior skills in financial statement spreading and the evaluation of projections.
- Manage loan and portfolio credit quality through annual and quarterly covenant, risk rating and trend analysis.
- Gather and analyze credit information on current and potential borrowers including preparation of financial statement spreads for borrowers and guarantors.
- Assess liquidity, leverage, cash flow and contingent liabilities of businesses and individuals.
- Research market for prospective clients.
- Make joint calls on customers and prospects.
- Recommend loan structures and prepare loan approval memorandums for new and existing clients, with minimal oversight by Team Leader, Relationship Managers and Credit Administration.
- Work in concert with Credit Administration, Relationship Managers and Team Leader to organize and manage a tickler system on all loan relationships.
- Contact borrowers to obtain updated financial information to ensure quality of documentation within files.
- Ability to instruct / teach others how to perform tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Manage special projects as assigned including, but not limited to, preparation of management reports, implementation of new software within the Commercial Lending group and procedures.
- Make recommendations/decisions regarding the extension of credit.
- Structure, analyze, and write SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 credit requests.
- Monitor customer’s accounts and portfolios in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk of potential loss.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.