APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Controller to join our team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
To supervise all general ledger accounting functions including maintenance of the general ledger, revenue recognition, fixed assets, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash receipts and grant records. To design, prepare and implement all internal control policies and procedures. Prepare and/or review all agency financial reports including monthly/annual financial statements. Supervise accounting staff, which consists of Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Accounts Payable Specialist, Staff Accountant and Grants Manager. Provide support to the Chief Financial Officer. Federally Qualified Healthcare Center (FQHC) experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Controller will have an active role in the monthly close, account analysis, and supervising the Finance department staff. Responsibilities include:
- Account reconciliation and analysis: Receivables, Prepaid Expenses, Deposits, Inventory, Accrued Expenses, Investments, Fixed Assets, Leases, Inter-company balances.
- Journal Entries including revenue, maintenance of recurring journal entries and oversight of cost allocations in accordance with grant requirements.
- Review of monthly cost reimbursement invoices and oversight of cost allocations in accordance with OMB Circular A-133 requirements.
- Coordinate the monthly book close.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal control policies and procedures for the agency.
- Develop and maintain strong cost controls.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports/financial statements for staff and management and the Board.
- In close coordination with the CFO, prepare, review and distribute the annual agency budget.
- Prepare annual financial statements and implement changes as required by changes in accounting practices.
- Oversee the Medi-Cal waiver billing of APLA Health’s Home-based Case Management Program
- Coordinate and supervise the annual year-end close, independent audit, and tax return preparation.
- Analyze changes in reporting requirements for the Internal Revenue Service and the Financial Accounting Standards Board and integrate where necessary. Educate staff and management about any changes.
- Supervise Finance staff and provide backup when necessary.
- Develop cost allocation plan.
- Manage administration of the MIP Fund Accounting software package including report design and creation and maintenance of chart of accounts.
- Assist staff in reading and understanding financial reports and conduct trainings for staff as appropriate.
- Ensure the preparation of all required payroll and sales tax returns on a timely basis.
- Oversee the development and ongoing revision of Finance staff desk manuals.
- Provide backup to and act in the absence of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Creates systems and reporting to support the organization’s strategic and financial models and processes as well as recommendations on accounting policies and procedures
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.