Foster Care Family Support Worker - Schenectady, NY
Northern Rivers is looking for a full-time Family Support Worker to join our Foster Care team in our Schenectady, NY office. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone just starting out in the Human Services field! Our Family Support Workers provide support of children in care through transportation to visits and appointments, one-on-one respite services, and supervision of family visits using the family coaching model.
- Supervise visits with children and their biological families
- Facilitate a supportive relationship with foster families
- Assist biological and foster families to plan appropriate activities
- Assist biological families to problem solve and deal with behavior difficulties within visits
- Transport clients for medical mental health and other essential needs
- Provide childcare for foster parent training and support group meetings when needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma (Associate's preferred)
- 1 year of experience working with children and families in need
- Valid, clean driver's license
- Flexible schedule as some evenings and weekends may be required in emergency situations
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.