SIGN ON BONUS
The Surgical Registered Nurse is responsible for the preparation and care of patient during the peri-operative period. Provides direct nursing care to patients during their surgical procedures at the OneCore Health, in accordance with AORN standards. To keep the Clinical Lead RN informed of problems involving patients, surgeons and equipment in the OR. To support and espouse the mission and policies of OneCore Health.
Key tasks and responsibilities (essential functions)
- Utilizes nursing process in assessment, evaluation and intervention in patient care as provided in the operating room.
- Ensures the OR is set up appropriately for each case, including using the surgeon preference card to review the supplies pulled for each case, for the next day.
- Prior to transporting the patient from Pre-op to OR, identifies the patient, reviews with the patient the site and procedure to be performed and ensures the completion of the medical record, including H&P.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs, utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Assists anesthesiologist before, during and after case as indicated.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established OneCore Health safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Is aware of supplies and protocols in the event an emergency arises.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery, and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care.
- Performs duties as identified by OneCore Health policies and procedures and in accordance with accepted AORN standards.
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional surgery hospital environment.