Job Summary: This position has financial responsibilities across all the Fire Fighter group of companies including but not limited to:
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. Simplified Service Corporation
Fire Fighter Inc. Vast Real Estate
VAST Enterprises Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Ensure an accurate and timely Monthly, Quarterly and Year-End Closing
- Ensure the timely reporting of all Monthly Financial Statement preparation
- Prepare quarterly bank reporting
- Oversee Invoice processing, Cash Application and Account Payable
- Work with outside accounting firm for year-end financial reviews and audits
- Oversee Insurance requirements and annual renewals
- Monthly Journal Entries including payroll posting
- Annual budgets
- GL Acct Analysis
- Personnel management
- Oversee Inventory management, including costing, valuation, and year end physical and reconciliation.
- Projects specific to financial accounting and reporting
- Analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures/workflow and use of resources.
- Coordinate biweekly accounting staff meetings
- Oversee Vehicle/Asset activity and GL postings
- Assist with Customer billing issues and collections
- Process documentation Coordinate creation and maintenance of accounting department manuals
- Vendor management
- Bank reconciliation