Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative.When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We dont want this to just be your job, but the start of your career! We believe this is why we were voted as one of Charlottes Best Places to Work for 2022!
What you'll be doing:
Oversee and direct operations of a mixed-use retail property for one of the largest, full service real estate companies in the Southeast. Must have experience in providing a professional and hands-on approach, with exceptional customer service to tenants, business partners and clients. Build lasting relationships and deliver the extraordinary.
The duties and responsibilities involve all aspects of day-to-day property operations for a high-profile, dynamic project located in the SouthPark area of Charlotte. Work collaboratively with multi-family, hotel, and church management teams to manage and facilitate the various operations and agreements that fuse the project together. Responsible for managing, servicing, and maintaining the equipment and operations of the shared on-site Parking Facility and Common Areas of the project.
The duties and responsibilities involve all aspects of day-to-day property operations including rent collection for retail tenants, collection of Declaration Assessments, accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair of Parking Facility and Common Areas, lease administration, Declaration compliance and various contract services. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, monthly reporting, and financial performance of the property. Meet and exceed the financial and property goals established by property owners.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Accomplish financial objectives established by owners by collecting rents and assessments, facilitating invoice payments, forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets and year-end reconciliations, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and creating capital plans. Prepare financial and operational reports monthly.
- Accomplish property objectives established by owners by selecting and maintaining contracted services with vendors, facilitate and supervise property repairs, replacements, and projects. Facilitate sustainability efforts as directed by the owner. Provide direct, hands-on response to property emergencies. Seek and review bids of contracted services. Coordinate services that disrupt the business of tenants. Mediate disputes between tenants and contractors. Secure the property by establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures. Become thoroughly familiar with all equipment and building systems the owner is required to maintain.
- Facilitate tenant relations by thoroughly investigating and resolving tenant issues, administer and enforce leases, and provide exceptional customer service. Personally visit each business owner and or manager on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provide immediate notification to owner of any pertinent issues such as defaults, insurance claims, and legal issues. Facilitate and collect due diligence and inspections when properties are sold. Handle defaults, evictions and lawsuits.
- Read, interpret and adhere to various Management and Lease Agreements, Operation and Easement Agreements, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions Agreements. Faciliate required meetings and other activities required to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate transition of new construction from construction management to property management.
- Confirm that all required inspections (such as fire sprinkler, fire panel and stormwater) are completed and submitted as mandated by the municipality.
- Confirm that tenants are submitting lease-required information such as sales reports and certificates of insurance.
- Complete and file property incident reports with owner and owners insurance company (if needed). This includes performing due diligence and providing thorough documentation when property incidents occur. Make necessary corrective action and document actions.
- Conduct a walk-through with each new tenant. Prepare punchlists and follow-up with contractors. Assist leasing agents with upfits. Review and approve tenant signage. Review Commencement Letter and Lease Abstract.
- Conduct a walk-through with each tenant moving out. Coordinate with the tenant to bring the space back to move-in condition. Work with accounting to identify final charges and refund security deposit.
- 24 hour / 7 day responsiveness for emergencies.
- Confirm that OSHA regulations and guidelines are followed by vendors, tenants and contractors when working on the property.
- Report property activities and rent collection status to retail division in bi-weekly leasing meetings.
- Utilize Yardi Voyager system for financial analytics, invoice approval, and lease administration.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or relevant experience.
- Ten years property management experience, or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Superior customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in word-processing and spreadsheet packages.
- Knowledge of basic accounting theory.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret leases, management agreements, technical instructions and journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to vendors, clients, and divisions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Valid NC Drivers License required to drive personal vehicle to properties/company functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; write; type; talk; and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes, dust, dyes; and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!