Elmbrook Church is blessed with a faithful team of skilled musicians, vocalists, technical producers, engineers, and videographers, both staff and volunteers. Worship expressions vary by campus. The current pandemic allowed the church to create a virtual campus that ministers to people locally and globally through multiple platforms. The virtual worship ministry consists of a cross-campus team and features a blend of worship styles. There are several teams leading worship in a given weekend, generally one for each campus. The Pastor of Worship Arts will steward and shepherd the entire worship ministry across all the campuses.
The candidate is a passionate Christ-follower who will
- Articulate a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Indicate commitment to the mission and vision of Elmbrook Church.
- Demonstrate humility, a teachable spirit, and integrity, working effectively with ministry teams across all functions—leadership, operations, missions, and ministries.
- Shepherd worship staff, volunteers, and congregants—investing in, cultivating, and equipping others. Consistently pointing others toward a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and teaching Biblical precepts through both word and action
The candidate is an experienced shepherd to artists, vocalists, instrumentalists, worship leaders, and technical producers and is responsible for all aspects of worship across the campuses of Elmbrook Church. The candidate will
- Develop, coach and mentor teams/people who serve in worship toward greater spiritual maturity and effectiveness.
- Identify and recruit laypeople who can serve as worship artists, instrumentalists, vocalists worship leaders, and tech/production team members.
- Train and equip worship teams and worship leaders to serve across, within and outside our campuses in venues across our city.
- Work with tech teams to ensure effectiveness in week-to-week programming.
- Work with production team to ensure musical quality, excellence and viewer engagement across Elmbrook’s virtual and television platforms.
- Possess degrees in Music and Worship and/or experience in music and worship.
The candidate is a gifted vocalist and musician who will
- Be able to creatively blend a broad range of musical styles and genres.
- Demonstrate excellence and calling, as evidenced by their enthusiasm and ability to engage and lead others through worship into the presence of Christ.
- Serve in the process of worship planning through music, Scripture, and creative elements that support the central teaching themes.
- Provide musical technical directions, as well as give team members a growing understanding of worship leadership.
- Identify and train new worship leaders, as well as broaden the numbers of participants, both vocally and instrumentally.
- Exhibit strong organization and administration skills.
Reporting Structure: The Pastor of Worship Arts will be accountable to and report directly to the Senior Associate Pastor and the Lead Pastor of Elmbrook Church.
Salary & Remuneration: Compensation will be commensurate with educational level and experience.
This position is eligible for all benefits associated with full-time employment including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Staff Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance venders for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if they are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan is the first of the month following date of hire. On an employee’s first anniversary, Elmbrook will match up to 2%.
Holidays – Full time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Staff Handbook for specific details.
Additional Pastoral Benefits –
Elmbrook pastors are self-employed and responsible for filing and paying their federal and state income taxes. Pastors who receive net earnings of at least $400 from the performance of pastoral duties must file a federal tax return regardless of whether they are exempt from Social Security coverage.
A housing allowance is given to our pastors for residence compensation. You will receive a form from our HR Department for pastors to complete in order to assist us in determining the amount of housing allowance you will receive. Pastors are permitted to exclude from their church income (for federal income tax purposes) a housing allowance designated by their employing church, to the extent that this allowance is used to pay housing expenses.
The Self Employment Contributions Act refers to the rate that self-employed people pay for Social Security. Self-employed persons pay the full SECA rate which is currently 15.3%. Housing allowances are taxable for SECA tax calculations. Elmbrook Church will pay each pastor approximately one half of pastors SECA pay. Through an established calculation, payments are disbursed during the last payroll of both June and December.
If you have questions about the role please contact Joy Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.