Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Home Lending HMDA Specialist position in our Home Lending department! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and was also rated the #1 Bank in Washington State by Banker's Caddy, an independent bank rating firm.
Individual is responsible for performing various functions in connection with filing the HMDA LAR. This includes responsibility for collecting and validating HMDA reporting information, entering collected data into appropriate reporting software. Responsible for ensuring the origination process meets or exceeds the standards and requirements established by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, and correspondent investors as well as the guidelines established at 1st Security Bank of Washington.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA). Stay up-to-date with the bank's lending practices and procedures in order to perform a thorough and accurate HMDA LAR.
- Generate Adverse Action Notice and Notice of Incomplete in a timely manner and review for compliance and accuracy.
- Responsible for generating monthly report for data scrub and audit of HMDA data.
- Responsible for recommending actions related to deficiencies with loan processes.
- Coordinate with various departments within the bank to resolve inconsistencies in loan data and recommends changes as warranted that will ensure the efficiency and accuracy in reporting of HMDA data.
- Assist in the update of HMDA policies and procedures.
- Complete required monthly assigned BVS Compliance training courses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.