- Bilingual Spanish Required (oral and written).
- Qualified applicants must have a Masters's Degree in Social Work and a Licensed Master of Social Work credential in New Jersey;
- A background in health, hospice, or mental health settings delivering intervention to clients coping with chronic and acute life-threatening illness as well as with the bereaved is required. Knowledge of medical and psychosocial aspects of cancer is preferred.
- A willingness to work with clients who are experiencing stress and trauma in their lives as a result of coping with chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
- Excellent communication in English and Spanish (both oral and written), highly organized with strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills, with the ability to write quickly, clearly and compellingly;
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and CancerCare reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
CancerCare provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits
CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our staff and clients.
All CancerCare staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccine status must be provided before employment. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.