Summary: Provide a variety of customer savings, checking and credit account transactions, as well as customer services while maintaining high customer service standards.
- Greet customers and receives and handles deposits of all types, ensuring the proper endorsement on negotiable instruments within these deposits.
- Receives payment on all loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Issues certified checks, VISA travel and gift cards, cashier checks and direct customers on how to purchase US Savings Bonds.
- Process bank-by-mail and night depository items and recording proper information on bank forms.
- Close accounts or transfer funds, as requested.
- Collect utility payments and disburses funds to the proper company.
- Completes “IRS Currency Transaction Report 4789” for all cash transactions over $10,000.
- Count, prove and package currency and coin.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare teller sheets.
- Cash checks, pay withdrawals from savings accounts, redeem savings bonds and coupons.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Know the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Look for opportunities to sell Bank services.
- Sells and/or refers Bank’s products and services to customers and prospects. Also participates with manager in the allocation of retail sales goals and the achievement of individual sales goals.
- Maintains the proper amounts of currency and coin in till.
- Understands their role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiable items and confidential records are properly secured.
- Uses computer system to make inquiries as to account status.
- Operate standard office machines, including coin sorter, coin wrapper, currency counter, teller machine, copier, typewriter, fax machine and adding machine.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Balance ATMs.
- Assist in receiving and processing deposits for Bank of Botetourt Elementary Savings Program.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Represent the bank in a professional manner.
- Represent Bank of Botetourt in community affairs and events.
- Treat all staff members with the utmost respect and cooperation.
- Conduct business to maximize shareholder value.
- Promptly report known or suspected violations of BSA laws, rules, or regulations involving the bank, its customers, or any other parties, or violations of the bank’s BSA compliance program to the BSA Officer or Coordinator.
- Performs all other duties assigned.
This job description is not all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
BANK OF BOTETOURT promotes an equal employment opportunity work place, which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties