Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Fraud & Security Analyst position in our Compliance department! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and is also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Will assist and work closely with the BSA Officer and BSA Compliance team as it relates to investigating fraud activity/alerts. These activities will require an understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) to ensure regulatory reporting is completed in line with all applicable federal and state regulations. Assists the Security Officer in the administration of the Bank’s Security Risk Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Monitor and analyze all account related fraud alerts based upon established schedule and make appropriate related decisions to protect customers and the Bank.
- Assist in the completion and filing of any applicable BSA reports to Federal government agencies.
- Responsible for tracking of fraud related investigations and documentation. Assists in the filing of any required law enforcement reporting. Attends external fraud meetings, as requested.
- Provide support to other departments on fraud related matters.
- Perform a physical security review of each bank office location at least annually.
- Perform a quarterly review of security related reports, related to alarms, site and area access.
- Prepares quarterly written reports, including findings, analyses, and conclusions related to the Bank’s Security Risk Program.
- Assist the Security Officer with the management of security related vendor service calls.
- Manages and complete projects as assigned by the department manager in a timely manner.
- Represent the Bank with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to 1st Security Bank’s policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.