This position manages the scheduling, routing, quality control, costs, and delivery of printer-ready materials to the production department for the interiors and covers of books and calendars as assigned.
- Serve as production editor for book and calendar titles as assigned; maintain and track schedules for titles in conjunction with the editor, art director, and production manager, regularly updating schedules in Firebrand Title Management throughout the process.
- Work directly with the editor to determine produce-ability of materials before and during the book and calendar creation process.
- Responsible for tracking, meeting deadlines, and reviewing all aspects of titles from manuscript delivery to approval at printer.
- Responsible for copyediting and proofreading on assigned titles, or hiring freelancers to perform those tasks.
- Research best practices for technical issues as they arise.
- Work with the production department to determine how printer-ready materials need to be prepared for maximum printer efficiency and quality.
- Check alts at each stage of a titles production.
- Ensure compliance with The Chicago Manual of Style or appropriate style sheet.
- Track costs on each title to maintain cost effectiveness.
- Oversee creation of corrected files for text reprints.
- Review print-on-demand pdfs and samples for quality and accuracy.
- Review ebooks for quality and accuracy.