Gotham Greens is seeking a Production Planning Specialist to join our Supply Chain and Production Planning Team. This role will be responsible for balancing production, inventory and sales, and limit financial and operational risk when supply and demand change. Candidates must be well-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them. The ideal candidate is organized, and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. This role reports to the Supply Chain and Production Planning Manager.
Areas of Responsibility
- Forecast and provide daily production plans for all greenhouse facilities
- Collaborate with Plant Operations Teams to optimize and adjust production plans with respect to labor allocation and crop yields
- Update MRP tools with inventory, procurement, and production plan data
- Allocate available inventory to customer orders in each region each day
- Coordinate with Sales Team to prioritize customer order fulfillment rates when inventory is limited
- Coordinate movement of goods and materials with Logistics Team
- Collaborate with Partnerships and Logistics Teams to direct surplus product to donation partners
- Review and identify daily crop yield trends that may require changes to the weekly production plan to balance supply and demand
- Monitor inventory levels and velocity of Gotham Foods CPG products to inform production needs and prevent shorts
- Provide monthly analysis to Supply Chain and Production Planning Manager to align crop assortment with demand and inform layout changes
- Support the Supply Chain and Production Planning Manager with data required to plan new customer onboarding, major promotions, new product launches, holiday scheduling, and new market expansions
- 1-2 years’ experience in production planning, supply chain, and procurement
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) and understanding of Forecast and Replenishment, Financial Planning, and Allocation systems experience (Oracle, SAP)
- Ability to partner and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dips all year round to retail, restaurant and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.