Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of heparin, pancreatin, heparin derivatives, naturally derived pharmaceuticals, and recombinant proteins from microbial fermentation. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a General Accounting Assistant to join our growing team.
Flexibility, willingness to step up and help and learn new things in a team environment are key characteristics of the General Accounting Assistant. It is anticipated that this position will evolve and change with time. Initially, the Accounting Assistant will primarily assist with and take ownership of the payroll process as well as billing of customers. As the SPL Accounting department grows and evolves, it is anticipated that this position will also help support the team in other areas such as Accounts Payable, Account Reconciliations and/or other Accounting Special Projects.
• Supports supervisory and executive staff by performing assigned accounting and clerical tasks.
• Prepare weekly & bi-weekly payroll.
• Prepare customer invoices & credit memos and record payments collected.
• Provide documentation requested in conjunction with financial statement audits.
• Assist with month end close by performing journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Perform general office support like filing, scanning, and other administrative tasks.
• Serve as back up for the accounts payable and the accounts receivable functions.
• Help provide and prepare information for reports in a timely manner.
• Mailing checks, invoices, and other business communications.
• Embraces change, learning and growth opportunities.
• Values technology and systems.