SUMMARY: Responsible for providing the hotel with clean cooking utensils and serviceware as well as perform general cleaning tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned by the Banquet Culinary Supervisor, Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef, or General Manager.
Culinary Tasks: 90%
- Complete opening duties as assigned
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service
Administrative Tasks: 10%
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas
- Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out
- Inform F&B service staff of 86’d items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period