As the SALON/SPA MANAGER, you will be responsible for establishing protocols to ensure highest standards are implemented during hiring/training of all staff. This is a “HANDS ON” position and the Manager will be responsible for creation of operating procedures and directing and administering the daily operations of the Salon & Spa. Expect to work a minimum of 40 hours a week. More time may be necessary to complete tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sourcing of products, tools, systems and staffing
- Responsible for managing all levels of staff including massage therapists, hair stylists, nail technicians, estheticians, and administrative.
- Responsible for financial planning, forecast, labor, and payroll for areas of responsibility
Develop strong retail sales of applicable spa and salon.
- Ensure property standards are maintained i.e. dress code, phone policy, name tags, etc.
- Facilitate purchasing of both retail and back bar items for the space.
- Consult regularly with the Director of Sales & Marketing and General Manager to provide suggestions and strategies to enhance the Spa experience and marketing.
- Responsible for all hiring practices within your areas of responsibility. Must have the ability to interview and select excellent staff to create outstanding service. Responsible for training, conducting employee performance evaluations and the overall development of staff
- Must have prior experience in handling personnel issues, including progressive disciplinary write-ups and terminations if appropriate. Must act in accordance with State and Federal Laws
- Ensures Staff is equipped with all tools to serve the guests’ needs.
- Responsible for all inventory, inventory counts, management of linen, administrative supplies and amenity area items
- Responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of all areas of areas of responsibility
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Minimum (5) years of experience at boutique, Resort Salon & Spa, Club or similar operation
- Retail or strong Customer Service experience required
- Receive, display and store products, paper goods and other applicable items for all operations
- The Manager must be highly professional, approachable, customer service oriented and reflect the standards of a 4 Diamond, Autograph Collection hotel
- Must have an understanding of key drivers of revenue growth, profitability and quality performance
- Maintain state board guidelines and verify all licenses are up to date
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities simultaneously and meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and electronic.
- Extensive knowledge of current trends in the salon, spa, wellness and treatments/programs
- Understand and be well versed in the features and services, hours of operation, activities and events available to guests at other 4 & 5 Diamond Hotels, Resorts and the Autograph Collection hotels
- Verifiable Leadership Qualities including superior relationship and communication skills
- Astute comprehension of Financials, including Product Cost, Labor Cost and Inventory and their relationship to the Operations, Management, and Training
- Experience integrating technology for scheduling, retail and professional product, inventory control, ordering, sales, etc.
- Must have problem negotiation, problem solving & decision making skills
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work proficiently with deadlines and be self-disciplined to work with little guidance and supervision.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and create reports upon request
- Flexible schedule, as firm schedule for this position is not set. Must be available to work all shifts and be able to flex schedule based on business demands any day of the week
- Candidate must be able to work efficiently within a team environment
- Must be able to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Must have strong customer service skills. Ability to deal with problems involving guests and operational issues, maintaining a positive attitude
- Candidate must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding guests and staff.
- Requires proficiency in MS Office, Micros and Vagaro programs (POS)
- College Degree preferred. Combination of education equivalent to graduation from high school (High school diploma) or any other combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum lifting 25 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching, using ladders
- Exposure to salon & spa and cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking