One of six Controllers reporting to a Senior Vice President - Finance.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate must have twelve to fifteen years of accounting and auditing experience that includes:
- Audit experience from a public accounting firm
- Supervising and mentoring professional staff
- GAAP financial reporting, preferably as it relates to investment companies and fund-of-funds
- Proficient in using general ledger accounting systems (such as Sage Intacct)
- Acting as a liaison with external auditors
- Planning and performing financial statement audits
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and monitor the day-to-day operations of the accounting staff as it relates to the Company’s investment funds, including the establishment and ongoing review of the Company’s accounting policies and procedures;
- Maintenance and development of effective internal controls and procedures;
- Responsible for the production of timely and accurate financial reports and information;
- Work with the Company’s outside accounting firm on the year-end audit and perform detailed review of audit reports prior to final issuance;
- Respond to various investor requests for reports and information.
- Review legal terms for potential investments.
- Hire and develop the Company’s accounting staff.