Location: Lewiston Facility
Shift/Hours: Day Hours
Position Status: Full-Time
RiverSide Integrated Solutions, Inc. is an advanced Contract Manufacturer providing robust comprehensive solutions in Circuit Board Assembly, Electromechanical & Mechanical Assembly, Kitting, Supply Chain Management, Fulfillment, Distribution, and Reverse Logistics. With a culture of customer focused solutions and continuous improvement, RiverSide Integrated Solutions, Inc. is uniquely positioned to respond to any customer need. As a co-worker, you will be offered a variety of competitive benefits including medical, dental, disability, life, 401K and more. Come join our team to be a part of a great organization!
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is a high level strategic leadership role that drives strategy development, accountability, mentorship and continuous improvement opportunities within our supply chain team. It is a highly collaborative role that will require constant coordination and communication with internal and external partners. This position will be responsible for managing and defining purchasing, supplier management, material compliance, logistics, and delivering actionable insights to the organization and the teams that support it.
This leader will be exceptional at both operations and strategy, be able to build strong relationships with suppliers and coworkers alike, and thrive in a team orientated environment where the focus isn’t only short-term gains, but long-term success for our customers and coworkers. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead and mentor the teams that will be tasked with supporting our supply chain goals, ensuring seamless availability of materials capable of meeting demands for finished product and identifying external and internal supply chain opportunities that will balance business needs against customer expectations at optimal costs and inventory levels.
You will spend your time:
- Overseeing strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implementing action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Constantly seeking and identifying opportunities for additional supply chain value creation.
- Managing, developing and mentoring a team within the department and effectively leading the team in attaining stated department goals while focusing on professional growth and development of the department.
- Managing the team as necessary in the procurement of components for timely delivery and in consideration of controlling inventory levels.
- Developing new or progressing current supplier management programs including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Supervising supplier performance and supporting them in achieving performance targets.
- Analyzing industry trends to proactively identify supply chain issues to protect continuity of supply, lower costs, minimize risk and utilize emerging technologies.
- Understanding the strategies, demands, and requirements of the business and work to develop sourcing strategies that are consistent with short and long term strategic plans.
- Developing, maintaining and strengthening relationships with suppliers, both current and new, negotiating and implementing supplier agreements when beneficial.
- Developing negotiation strategies and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Leading the creation or amendment of supply chain policies and processes.
- Auditing or assisting in audits of suppliers on an as needed basis.
- Overseeing supplier conformance in relation to various initiatives; RoHS, Conflict Minerals, compliance, etc.
- Actively participating in management meetings.
- Meeting regularly with staff in other departments and locations to assure that corporate level
processes and systems are aligned as much as possible.
- Participating in customer and supplier visits, audits, corrective actions, and satisfaction initiatives.
- Overseeing the strategy and management of company inbound and outbound freight costs, freight accounts, freight contracts, import/export regulations and conformance, and the way in which those matters impact company resources.
- Other projects as assigned.