You put the human in human resources. You are empathetic and trustworthy, and have the special gift of making others feel seen, heard, and valued. An enthusiastic and creative problem-solver, you’re not afraid to the lead the charge toward change and growth. You not only understand the importance of a company’s culture, you are its most passionate advocate. As a Human Resources Generalist / Compliance Specialist at Two Rivers Marketing, you will have the opportunity to help new associates feel welcome, collaborate with agency leaders to provide all associates with a work environment that allows them to perform at their highest level, and support the agency HR Manager in the recruiting, hiring, development, and retention of the marketing industry’s top talent.
WHAT YOU’LL DO ONCE YOU’RE HERE
- Effectively partner with our HR team to provide a full range of HR services in the areas of compliance, talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, and associate development.
- Stay abreast on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and developments and advise agency leadership of necessary policy changes.
- Maintain OSHA and company-mandated reports.
- Research changes in law and regulations, work with the HR team to analyze impact on the agency, and communicate findings to agency leadership.
- Develop and deliver compliance related training.
- Ensure the consistent application of HR policies, processes, and systems within the agency and comply with professional standards and state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Oversee leave programs, including company policies of paid leave programs, and ensure accurate FMLA administration.
- Ensure all personnel files and HR records are maintained in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Assist with benefits administration.
- Assist with payroll administration by partnering with accounting to run semi-monthly payroll, ensuring accuracy of associate information.
- Recommend new approaches, programs, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole and improve overall associate experience.
- Ensure that the confidentiality of HR-related information is maintained at all times.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Support HR Manager with various employee relations matters.
- Provide guidance with general leave, benefits, and policy questions.
- Perform an annual audit of HR-related documents to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of the associate handbook, and contribute to the development of policies.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.