The Residential Advisor is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment, while providing watchful oversight and supportive assistance to The Resting Spot residents. Residential Advisors are required to have overnight availability. Some weekend and holiday hours are also required.
This position may vary daily, but revolves around working face-to-face with women and children experiencing homelessness.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provide supervision of all residents during the scheduled shift, including executing resident check-in/out.
- Complete and document 1-hour rounds during shift.
- Ensure all logs are completed by end of shift.
- Ensure medication is stored appropriately and administered as prescribed by physician.
- Notify supervisor of any incidents and document incident reports.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work space.
- Ensure the daily schedule is followed.
- Provide consistent and safe structure.
- Complete the transition log and communicate detailed shift reports to oncoming staff for seamless transition between shifts.
- Responsible for supervising residents in completing their daily chores.
- Undertaking administrative tasks, maintaining effective recording systems and responding to queries.
- Adhere to all agency policy and procedure guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to accept supervision and utilize concepts discussed.
- Supervise volunteers.
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from clients to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.