Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills and ability to manage accounts.
- Knowledge of established practices and procedures for an integrated library system (ILS) and Library District policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of end users' customer experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently and to set priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental conditions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective interpersonal skills with others.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Microsoft Word, electronic databases, e-mail, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment and security systems.
Education and Experience
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically are acquired through a combination of training and experience, including a college-level education or specialized training such as in library science or other profession-based subject areas.
- Two years' related professional experience required or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
Physical and Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must operate computers for extended periods of time. Incumbents may be required to move carts of books and other materials as needed, and frequently remain stationary at one workstation for extended periods of time. An incumbent must frequently move objects or other materials weighing up to 35 pounds, including transfer of books and other materials to and from carts or shelves of varying heights. Most of the work is carried out within a generally accessible indoor environment.
The following supplemental questions will be asked during the application process:
- Provide two detailed examples of your experience providing direct customer service in a library or public service environment.
- Describe your knowledge of basic accounting skills and ability to manage accounts.
- Provide one example of a time you had to use good organizational skills and pay attention to a lot of details to avoid mistakes. What did you do to stay focused on the task? How did you check your work for accuracy? Be specific.
- One philosophy about standards and policies is that they are to be followed to the letter; another is that they are just guidelines. What is your opinion? How do you see this relating to customer-focused service?
Sno-Isle Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. This and all Sno-Isle Libraries positions are subject to transfer.