The Saban Community Clinic was founded on the principle that healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Our clinics provide Whole Person Care to everyone regardless of income or immigration status. This includes medical, behavioral health and dental care.
For over 50 years, we have been redefining community health through a systemic approach that creates a lasting impact on individual lives and creates healthier communities.
The Director of Business Expansion is responsible for leading the organization’s expansion efforts in a structured, thoughtful and visionary way in order to fulfill the Strategic Plan and achieve mission and business outcomes. This person will lead the planning, development, and the implementation of new projects, programs and services pertaining to the growth of Saban Community Clinic (SCC) service capabilities and patient access while ensuring financial sustainability. This role will work cross-functionally across the organization to ensure that expansion plans are well thought out and sustainable long term.
- Lead the development and implementation of a growth strategy and business development plan that would include increasing the organization’s patient base, including acquisitions and/or merger opportunities
- Lead the planning, development, and the implementation of new projects, programs and services that contribute to growing SCC services and/or patient base.
- Develop and execute project plans for the successful implementation of assigned agency initiatives to include resource, cost, schedule, and staffing requirements, meeting, collaboration and communication structure, and clarity in project accountability, leadership and sponsorship
- Responsible for the overall quality, management, and results of expansion projects.
- Oversee the budget, ensure financial accountability, and meet revenue and other financial goals of expansion projects.
- Lead, organize and coordinate cross-functional teams to enhance communication, problem solving, sharing of resources to support projects.
- Contribute in developing an infrastructure and systems to support expansion efforts
- On an as-needed basis, evaluate programs and services to ensure mission alignment, sustainability, and need
- Work with consultants and/or internal departments to expand business opportunities to allow the organization to achieve its mission.
- Research and analyze emerging issues, market trends, and strategic opportunities in the healthcare industry, and prepare and present value recommendations to senior leadership
- Cultivate relationships with community partners, insurance payers and health organizations that are essential for SCC continued success in providing service in new and existing markets.
- Work closely with agency executive leadership to prioritize and integrate new initiatives into ongoing operations
Other responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Public Health, Public Administration, or related field required; Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Healthcare Administration preferred.
- At least 3 years of management or leadership experience in healthcare finances or business preferred
- At least 5 years of project management experience, including large-scale project oversight experience
- Experience with leading & implementing collaborative projects with cross functional teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- The ability to solve complex problems and use independent judgement
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience building & analyzing budget and financial documents in excel or other platforms
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to be professional, clear, articulate, and accurate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take ownership and use interpersonal skills to work across diverse teams.
- The ability to initiate and lead interdepartmental initiatives
Perks and Benefits:
- Chiropractor/Acupuncture Care
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off
Come be a part of our team and make a difference in our patients' lives!