This position is a member of the senior strategic communications leadership staff managing all PR activity on multiple accounts — usually an entire group of accounts — and responsible for all PR efforts and team member performance.
This associate oversees staff allocation, strategic planning, measurement, and evaluation initiatives for various clients, and is responsible for overseeing client PR budgets. An associate in this position leads business growth efforts with current clients and participates in new business pitches by providing and presenting all necessary PR components. This is also the primary client contact for PR account management issues.
- Oversee all public relations activity for an account or group of accounts
- Provide ongoing strategic direction for public relations and related efforts
- Work alongside Managing Directors and Account Directors to formulate and monitor comprehensive long- and short-term plans
- Build client relationships and trust with clients’ personnel, including senior management
- Build and present annual PR plans
- Lead agency-client meetings and routine status calls as they relate to PR efforts
- Serve as a liaison between the strategic communications team and the account and creative functions of the agency, ensuring an integrated approach
- Provide regular PR reports to clients including objectives, status, and results/measurement and refine as needed
- Manage the allocation of PR resources inside and outside the account group, including writing needs
- Oversee freelance photographers, writers, and other partners servicing the account
- Provide oversight and estimates related to work authorizations required for public relations efforts not included in annual PR budgets
- Produce press releases, feature articles, videos, technical pieces, and other content as needed
- Assist other strategic communications team members and client workloads as needed
- Participate in general account strategy meetings