APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Patient Engagement and Retention Specialist to join our team! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
The Patient Engagement and Retention Specialist is responsible for establishing and implementing strategies to better engage and retain patients through changes to workflows and enhance the delivery of customer service to increase patient satisfaction. Also responsible for collaborating with dental and behavioral health to develop customer service goals and plans designed to increase patient retention and access to care and services, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with quality improvement department, medical director and clinic directors to develop and implement strategies to better engage and retain patients. May initially report to the medical director, but this will later transition to a utilization manager or quality manager.
- Track patients who have been admitted to a hospital or visited an emergency department, and maintain accurate records on linking patients into care.
- Contact patients newly assigned to the clinic via managed care plans to link them to care.
- Work with the UM Manager, communications director, clinic directors, and outreach specialist to implement a comprehensive community outreach and engagement plan and messaging materials.
- Enhance communication with patients in regards to services rendered at APLA Health to improve quality service and reduce no-show rates
- Respond to patient inquiries promptly, and follow-up on patient issues and resolutions to ensure quality customer service
- Develop the use of emerging technology or media for patient engagement, including the patient portal and Healow app
- May coordinate resources to improve patient ability to adhere to appointments, including assistance with interpreter services and transportation.
- Educate residents about APLA Health services, initiatives, projects, developments, and important community related topics. Attend health fairs and community meetings to encourage potential patients to access APLA Health’s services.
- May develop relationships with community organizations and other FQHCs for the purpose of cultivating referrals.
- Maintain knowledge in eligibility, enrollment and program specifications for various Medicaid and Medicare insurance programs.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and high quality customer service at all times.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.