The Associate Director of Innovative Partnerships reports to the Director of Business Engagement and supports the Senior Director of Corporate Relations. The Corporate Relations/Business Engagement Team within the Office of Development serves as the core unit in the creation of strategies for new business development. Its primary focus is to identify and build relationships with small business and corporate prospects in the 13-county Atlanta region that will result in new small business and corporate investments for United Way of Greater Atlanta (UWGA) programs, initiatives, sponsorships and other engagement opportunities. The team consults with businesses interested in increasing their current Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)/philanthropy outreach within the community. The team works closely with external partners, which include donors, volunteers, small businesses and corporate leaders. Internally the team collaborates across all departments within the organization. The main objective is to create new business opportunities for the companies that align with UWGA’s Child Well Being Movement. This role will also support innovative ideas determined by the innovation team with responsibility to vet and execute the ideas and manage our growing cause marketing efforts.
The Associate Director of Innovative Partnerships is a full-time position responsible for implementing a strategic plan to increase retention and cultivate, solicit and steward new small business and corporate partners while supporting innovation and cause marketing. They will also manage the stewardship and cultivation of Small Business United and find deeper alignment with businesses philanthropic values, further positioning UWGA as experts in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and employee engagement through the Child Well-Being Movement. This role works with and assists volunteer leaders (board, cabinet, committee members) and external stakeholders to participate in philanthropic support, volunteer activities, and events. This role must possess effective communication and problem-solving skills for a high volume workload and produce a high level of quality and attention to detail in their work. This role will oversee innovation and cause marketing for corporate relations. This position will support new business in 75% of the role and innovation and cause marketing in 25% of the role.
This role supports the goals of:
- Growing Small Business United to engage and support UWGA through new investment opportunities.
- Retain Small Business United members
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among prospects, donors and other key stakeholders about the Child Well-Being Movement.
- Increasing innovation within the Office of Development and managing cause marketing partnerships.
- Strategize with the Director of Business Engagement and volunteers to identify and lead a strategic plan in developing new small business relationships that will engage employees and fund UWGA initiatives/programs/sponsorships.
- Work with current small business champions to develop a robust year-round engagement strategy for each Small Business United based upon targeted research.
- Implementing a donor engagement strategy targeted at returning, new, lapsing, and lapsed donors.
- Promote Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (SPC) to prospects to gain interest and secure demonstrations for the SPC team.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on updating campaign and individual donor information in CRM including, but not limited to, contact(s), employee count, UWGA involvement, company processing information, engagement practices, campaign start/end dates, etc.
- Work closely with Analytics and Insight (data) team and Pledge Processing as necessary to ensure account’s projections and collected funds reported timely and accurately.
- Work with the Senior Director of Corporate Relations on cause marketing strategies and implementation.
- Maintain organization of the innovation team and support the individuals responsible for the execution.
- Support cause marketing partnerships with United Way Worldwide in conjunction with internal staff.