Turning Point for God is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church. It is an international ministry with a vision to reach every language group in the world with the Gospel and the teachings of God’s Word. From a modest beginning over forty years ago, Turning Point is now accessible by 3 billion people worldwide every day through radio, television, and the Internet.
Leadership Giving Director at Turning Point has the exciting opportunity and responsibility to develop and manage a robust pipeline of mission achieving distinguished contributions. S/he is ministry minded, relationship focused, and metrics driven. High performance skills collaborating with individuals, volunteers, and not for profit donors is essential.
Reporting to Turning Point’s Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Leadership Giving Director will strategically oversee, proactively implement, and build a portfolio of individuals that have the capacity of making significant donations during a one-year period. S/he will build a caseload from new names and prospective donors that are coming to Turning Point in unprecedented numbers.
- Work as a self-motivated team member for the purposes of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts new donors. This involves collaborating closely with counterparts assigned to phone accounts.
- Works closely with the Major Gifts, and Development Support team to create engagement strategies that are consistent with the overall messaging of the ministry.
- Creates, oversees, and implements strategies to achieve distinguished gift income goals as set and agreed upon by the CDO.
- Personally develops and manages engagement with a portfolio comprised of prospective major donors, selected in conjunction with the CDO.
- Has strong written and verbal communications skills, including being able to use the art of storytelling to inspire donors to support the ministry.
- Travel approximately 30% of the time, within and outside of assigned territory as needed by CDO.
- It is expected that the portfolio will be comprised of potential donors whose giving can be cultivated into a consistent Major Donor gift range.
- For each prospect selected for inclusion in the portfolio, a projected major gift target amount will be determined, and a corresponding plan and timeline will be developed and continually updated for their cultivation and corresponding solicitation.
- In alignment with a prospect’s strategic plan, the Leadership Giving Director will move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure through moves management annually. Moves will include phone conversations, in-person visits, and written communications.
- The Leadership Giving Director will make solicitations when appropriate and necessary, but understands the effectiveness of, and implements the principle of peer participation fundraising at higher gift levels in consultation with the Director of Development.
- The Leadership Giving Director will become and remain familiar with basic planned giving vehicles and present them to specific prospects as agreed upon with the Development Director and in accordance with Turning Point policies and practices.
- The Leadership Giving Director reports regularly to the CDO on the status and progress with each major donor prospect included in the Portfolio.