At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Tax Senior Associate. Working as part of a team and utilizing resources to add value to clients, the Senior is responsible for the preparation of complex tax compliance and consulting engagements. The Senior often leads and trains Staff on basic engagements and performs a detailed first-review on projects.
- Accurately prepares complex S-Corporation, C-Corporation, partnership, multistate and individual tax returns
- Efficiently reviews tax returns from Staff as a first reviewer
- Prepares and reviews income tax projections and estimate calculations for clients
- Accurately performs research and writes technical memorandum in a readable format
- Researches and prepares work papers for various book to tax differences
- Identifies area of specialization and is continuously refining skills, knowledge and expertise
- Develops effective working relationships with clients and firm associates
- Can identify potential tax issues during planning of engagement
- Communicates with the IRS and other state authorities in a professional manner when applicable
- Confidently responds to federal and state notices
- Mentors Staff and Interns on return review notes
- Maintains open communication with management regarding the progress of completion on project.
- Participates actively in training and developmental opportunities, both as an attendee and as a facilitator.