Work Experience requirements:
- A minimum of five years of proven leadership in the management of multi-disciplinary child welfare organizations or social service agencies.
- Demonstrated abilities in providing leadership to multiple provider sites.
- Strong working knowledge of clinical and behavioral health services with a focus on family support issues.
- Considerable understanding of management theories appropriate for social service agencies.
- Demonstrated skills in dealing with diverse communities and groups and a successful track record in developing effective work teams.
- Proven abilities in fiscal planning and control.
- Masters of Social Work degree from an accredited school of social work, or Master’s Degree in other human services field accepted by DCFS standards.
- Training and/or certificates of knowledge related to clinical services for children and families.
- Efficient word processing skills and knowledge of computer productivity software (MS Office Suite).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Reliable, punctual, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
- Ability to work in an alcohol, tobacco and drug-free environment.
- Commitment to SOS Children’s Villages Illinois philosophy and mission.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish is helpful
ADA DISCLAIMER/STATEMENT: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Position responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES ILLINOIS is an equal opportunity employer. Employment, assignment, and promotion practices are carried out in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and orders without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, physical handicap, social handicap, sex, age, or ancestry.