Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant studies. Master’s degree in business or social enterprise is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in café and/or retail/resale.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Possess knowledge of retail and/or social enterprise business management including; trend forecasting and product knowledge, staff management, extensive customer service knowledge, POS systems management, revenue tracking and analysis, and merchandising and inventory management.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of issues related to women’s poverty, homelessness, and mental health is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
[This section lists visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc. If applicable, insert information regarding government contracts or special requirements.]
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, medical condition, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.