Job Title: Development Manager
- Reports to: VP for External Affairs
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
Under the direction of the VP for External Affairs, the Development Manager assists with developing and executing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships, and securing new ones, and advancing organizational initiativesincluding educational programs, exhibits, community efforts, or eventsthrough prospect research and identifying potential partners and funders. The Development Manager will bring both experience and creativity to maintaining and enhancing donor and gifts management and tracking systems while stewarding existing donor relationships and discovering new potential sponsors and donors. They will be asked to think both strategically about the larger efforts of the department, along with performing highly detailed and creative work daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Actively participate in the creation and support the implementation of Discovery Worlds fundraising plan, that incorporates a range of strategies including annual giving and appeals, corporate giving and partnerships, event sponsorships, grants, major giving, and planned giving.
- Conduct prospect research and identify potential corporate, foundation, and individual donors that could support Discovery Worlds strategic goals and initiatives, including capital campaigns.
- Coordinate donor relations and stewardship; Oversee accurate gift processing standards; Manage the addition and upkeep of donor and corporate partner data in Discovery Worlds CRM system, including but not limited to gift documentation, contact information, communication preferences, and relationships.
- Enter and maintain donation records in the CRM database (Altru), tracking contributions, producing timely donor acknowledgements, and creating reports and dashboards to demonstrate campaign and overall gifts development effectiveness and outcomes. Assist with database maintenance.
- Assist in event planning and facilitation within the Development team for the annual Discovery World Gala, including sponsor and guest communications, RSVP organization, and other tasks as needed.
- In cooperation with the membership team, evaluate and revise Discovery Worlds Corporate Partner benefits on a biennial basis.
- Facilitate communications to Corporate Partners regarding annual sponsorship opportunities, including the Discovery World Gala.
- Explore opportunities to generate contributed revenue through volunteer matching gift programs, and corporate volunteer grants.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.): often
- Required to exert physical effort in handing objects more than 30 pounds: occasionally
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.): rarely
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements: rarely
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting/museum setting