POSITION GOAL: The Receptionist for Independent Living assumes the responsibility for greeting all visitors and guest to the Blakeford along with organizing other administrative duties of the front desk.
ENVIRONMENT: Over the past 20 years, Blakeford has established itself as the premier provider of solutions for seniors in Nashville and the Middle Tennessee region. From its beginnings as a single-site, continuing care retirement community, Blakeford has evolved into the innovative leader in long-term care for the area. Along with our CARF-CCAC accredited lifestyle and health services community, Blakeford at Green Hills, the organization also includes our CARF-CCAC accredited home and community services provider, Blakeford at Home, as well as our continuing-care-without-walls offering, LiveWell by Blakeford. Under the auspices of a visionary board of directors, teamed with a long-tenured executive leadership team, Blakeford is poised to continue to expand its mission of serving seniors and their loved ones by fulfilling our Service Vision of Exemplary ServiceEvery Time!.
ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES: Based upon a core value of Integrity which Blakeford defines as Doing the right thing every time, our organization strives to adhere to the following values in all that we do:
- Community Nurturing a sense of connection and belonging.
- Compassion Caring from the heart.
- Respect Honoring and valuing every person.
- Consistency Always being exemplary.
- Innovation Encouraging the pursuit of limitless possibilities.
- Empowerment Supporting hospitality inspired solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Receptionist:
- Customer Relations: Greets residents, family, visitors and staff pleasantly and seeks to assist them. Recognizes and communicated necessary information to residents and family, addressing their concerns in a timely manner.
- Administration: Assists everyone who enters the Blakeford campus through the Independent Living entrance. Seeks to provide a lasting impression upon all who enter of professionalism, confidence, and hospitality.
- Works with the Transportation Services to ensure that resident requests for transportation are fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Directs administrative work flow/scheduling of transportation for I.L. residents.
- Prepares Maintenance and Housekeeping Work Orders as requested by residents and/or personnel. Maintains the Work Order Tracking System.
- Ensures the Front Office is organized, presentable and running smoothly.
- Works directly with and assists the Administrator of Independent Living Services.
- Answers phone calls in a professional manner, assisting callers when needed, and routing callers to their appropriate destination.
- Write receipts to residents for rent and miscellaneous payments.
- Provides assistance with mail including: sorting mail upon its arrival, weighing outgoing mail, and selling stamps.
- Orders office supplies for administrative staff.
- Assists Marketing Director with various administrative duties
- Assists Management with special projects and tasks.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Resident and Guest Services.
SUPERVISION & LEADERSHIP:
Receives guidance with respect to general objectives in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determine methods, work sequence, scheduling and how to achieve objectives of assignments; operates within specific policy guidelines.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
SKILLS REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY ACCOMPLISH THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standard situations.
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Basic personal computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, spread sheet, and graphics.