Experienced Staff Accountant:
We are a new business line within a well-respected and established CPA Firm. We operate like a start-up but have the confidence of the firm at our backs. Our goal is to deliver Accounting as a Service to our clients through advanced technology and automation. In this role you’ll collaborate with our team of accounting professionals ensuring our client's accounting needs are met and accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
The staff accountant is primarily responsible for the daily processing of financial activities for multiple clients. The staff accountant will work as a team with the Senior and/or Manager of each engagement. In addition to daily and weekly projects and tasks, the staff accountant will be asked to assist with special projects as they arise.
Who you are
- You are a problem solver, love new technology, and are passionate about finding a better way of doing “things.”
- This is an accounting role, but no two days will be the same. We are essentially creating a business and it requires a roll-up your sleeves mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit.
- You have a few years of experience in the accounting world and with an ERP accounting system (Intacct is our platform of choice).
- Adept at data entry – enter transactions timely and accurately. Enter bills, invoices, and various journals in the system.
- Customer Service attitude – you will be interfacing with clients daily, so having a genuine concern for their business well-being and can-do attitude is what will make you successful in this role.
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Process vendor invoices and manage accounts payable via third party application and automated workflows
- Record and reconcile employee expense reports and reimbursements via third party app & workflow tasks
- Process invoices and manage accounts receivable
- Download and record cash and credit card transactions
- Record payroll transactions in general ledger
- Prepare account reconciliations for all bank and credit card accounts
Monthly Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the recording of month-end general ledger entries, including prepaid expenses, fixed assets, depreciation, recurring accruals and allocations
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts