Reporting to the Senior Director for Advancement, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing plans to maximize philanthropic support for Oglethorpe University from a portfolio of private foundations and corporate giving programs, focusing on those with the capacity to make commitments of up to $100,000. As a member of the Advancement team, the Manager plays a significant role in the universitys short-term and long-range plan to build and strengthen core fundraising services and activities.
- Maintains a comprehensive annual institutional grants calendar, plan, and pipeline that clearly outlines goals, deadlines, and measurements of success.
- Actively manages and grows a portfolio of 50-75 institutional prospects and donors.
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Advancement, Advancement colleagues, and campus partners to support the planning and execution of fundraising activities with institutional prospects and donors in support of university priorities.
- Assists proactively with research and analysis in partnership with the prospect researcher to identify and qualify institutional prospects for engagement and solicitation for gifts/grants in support of university priorities.
- Supports the drafting of high-quality proposals, grant requests, partnership appeals, letters, emails and related materials to institutions for solicitation and other fundraising communications to support corporate and foundation engagement best practices; assists in coordinating with other offices of the university as needed for proposal development and approvals.
- Contributes to the meeting or exceeding of corporate and foundation fundraising goals and activity metrics and provides timely progress reports.
- Collaborates with Advancement colleagues to maintain effective working relationships internally and incorporate ongoing process improvements to assist in the achievement of institutional fundraising goals.
- Assures timely and accurate reporting and stewardship of gift/grant impact to corporate and foundation donors.
- In collaboration with advancement services and donor relations, executes meaningful recognition of new- and long-term corporate and foundation donors and partners, produces reports on the use of grants and provides updates on relevant university activities.
- Participates consistently in prospect strategy and management meetings and maintains a proactive partnership with the prospect researcher.
- Works with senior Advancement leaders to coordinate institutional donor visits and prepare leadership for meetings with institutional funders.
- Provides support for stewardship activities on behalf of Oglethorpe for corporations, foundations, and other philanthropic granting organizations; coordinates and serves as a liaison to faculty and academic departments for the purpose of proposal creation and grant reports including contact with relevant administrators and budget managers.
- Contribute to the overall success of the division by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.