SaaS Excellence and Support
You are responsible for driving a very high standard of operational excellence in teams running the Portage platforms, including the support and operations tasks.
Responsibilities will include, though not be limited to:
- Directing oversight of SaaS Operations and Customer Support
- Design, deploy, and operationalize SaaS KPI
- Lead the implementation of, and ensure the site reliability engineers are adhering to Software Security, Incident Management, Issue Management and Change Management processes and best practices; and ensure the processes are well documented
- Present SaaS performance metrics to senior management and drive associated improvement plans
- Work with Product Owners and Engineering Managers to bring new products and features into the production environment following SaaS deployment and resilience best practices
- Develop a data-driven understanding of the cost of operations and support of active customers and sales activities
- Identify key standards and certifications relevant and/or required by Portage products and drive compliance with those standards as appropriate
- In partnership with the Engineering, drive the transition of the Portage operational platform from a managed service architecture to a robust SaaS deployment
- Drive service level objectives associated with Incident Management, such as customer communication and Root Cause Analysis reporting
- Lead the evolution of internal SOPs, processes, and training to team members have the needed skills and tools to support the production environments and deliver on project commitments.
- Work with the Engineering to develop best-in-class deployment processes (e.g.: Blue-Green; Feature Toggles…)
- Partnering with the product teams to define and implement the infrastructure necessary to meet the service level and cost objectives required by the applications
- Defining and implementing overall strategy for application infrastructure optimization, performance and capacity
- Establishing automated monitoring tools to track systems’ health, uptime and outages
- Implementing a process methodology that provides predictable operational framework (DevOps, SOC 2) ensuring operational activities are managed promptly, with repeatability, driving towards a highly scalable operational model
- Ensuring compliance with best security practices and constantly assessing potential vulnerabilities. Partnering with appropriate resources to enforce the security of the environments
- Optimizing operations cost across vendors and service providers
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly system maintenance activities (backups, log file maintenance, security patches, etc.) are completed within acceptable timeframes.
- Reporting upon and improving various metrics associated with the efficiency of operating the product suite, delivering value to clients
- Improving incident and problem management functions while working to build a world-class incident response function for clients
- Ensuring Support team meets stated SLAs.
- Work with the Engineering team to help design in-product telemetry to help the broader Portage team better understand things such as customer satisfaction, product usage and “stickiness”, product resilience
- Lead and develop our Customer Support team to drive customer value, protect Portage and its customers, and ensure rapid, best practice recovery in the event of issues