Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As an Order Selector, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and previous order selectors have gone on to work in a wide variety of roles including forklift operator, delivery driver, supervisor, warehouse manager, account manager, buyer, and more.
General Description: This position is responsible for fulfilling customer orders by picking fresh product (fruits and veggies) from racks and storage areas and efficiently assembling the product on pallets to fill customer orders. Check out this video to see one of our Order Selectors in action.
Knowledge, skill and abilities required: Good oral and written communication skills (ability to read and write in English, as is affected by direction and paperwork). Good attention to detail and ability to determine quality and clean spoiled or inferior product as needed.
What you’ll do…
- Operate a hand-held scanner
- Operate a pallet jack
- Stack produce cases
- Build pallets and tag them appropriately
- Working cooperatively with checkers to fix errors
- Clean warehouse as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
What we look for…
- Passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to use and understand portable communications within a warehouse environment.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment safely and professionally
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to speak, read and write in English in order to understand and process paperwork.
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50# repeatedly
- Availability for 2:00 or 4:00 AM start time
What you’ll gain…
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Base pay of $20/hour with potential to earn $23/hour or more through our incentive-based pay structure
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program