This position will remain open until sufficient qualified applicants are received. To ensure first consideration, please submit your online application by August 22, 2021.
The Facilities Specialist supports all activities related to the administration, implementation, coordination, recordkeeping, and management of contracted building and facilities maintenance services, processes, and projects, and will focus on contractor and vendor performance and compliance to ensure all contractual terms are fulfilled and met with a focus on quality services, best practices, and value.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of facilities functions, operations, services, and projects.
- Support the Facilities team with external contracts, contacts, scheduling, and communications.
- Manage the baseline services contracts in conjunction with their assigned contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate responsibilities of all Facilities related projects; quality, costs, schedule, and value.
- Maintain Visio space plans; update, edit, modify CAD plans as directed or requested by project.
- Assist facilities team in locating services, materials, resources, and fulfilling requirements as needed.
- Prepare, edit, modify, and maintain bid documents and other bid information or contract documents.
- Assists with identifying and budgeting expense and capital projects based on building requirements.
- Primary contact for ensuring all equipment inventory databases are complete and accurate.
- Manage and implement FFE standards, make adjustments as needed in support and facilitation of the library systems goals and requirements while demonstrating best value and stewardship of resources.
- Manage and develop conservation and sustainability programs; create communications and reports.
- Draft, edit, modify, and maintain all Facilities bid documents and other bid information or contract documents.
- Act as the primary ITASC system coordinator for the Facilities team; receive and assign all work requests, create purchase orders, enter additional details as needed, provide overall system support.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Train new staff and contractors on the essential use of systems and processes as needed.
- Attends meetings, training, and workshops as assigned when needed.
- Manage projects or processes; assist with major repairs and installations as required.
- Respond on-call 24/7 to emergencies or urgent requests for services immediately upon notification.
- Work at regional libraries or off site locations; conduct required contractual and routine site inspections monthly.
- Performs other duties as required.
This position reports to the Facilities Manager. Supervision is not a regular part of this position.