Position Title: Scrum Master
Reports To: VP, Agile Operations
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a One Inc Scrum Master you will be responsible for guiding and coaching the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers. You will get the team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines and promoting Agile values and principles
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years of product or project development experience
- 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience with Scaled Agile frameworks desired
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Growth Mindset, Problem Solver, Self-starter, Demonstrates Ethical Behavior, Strong Drive, Team Player, Supportive & Adaptable to Change, Exudes a commitment to Personal & Professional Development
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard indoor office setting; exposure to computer screens.
Requires repetitive motion. Substantial movements/motions of the wrists hands, and/or fingers. Sufficient mobility to work in an office setting; stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard, mouse, scanner and other tools as needed.
See in the normal vision range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without corrections.
Company Profile: One Inc provides insurers with the capability to give their customers what they expect: choice, control, convenience, and continuity. That’s the strength derived from the Power of One™ - a cohesive and seamless experience for both inbound and outbound digital insurance payments.
The One Inc Digital Payments Platform combines multi-channel digital communications with electronic payment processing and disbursement, creating a frictionless premiums and claims payments experience. As one of the fastest growing digital payments platforms in the insurance industry, One Inc manages billions of dollars per year in premiums and claims payments.