Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" each other and our customers. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic individual to fill our Credit Analyst Assistant internship in our Commercial Lending department! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work for 6 years in a row and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and is also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Responsible for effectively assisting Credit Analysts in conducting credit analysis including gathering, analyzing, and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers and portfolios. You will work closely with and assist Team Leaders, Relationship Managers, and Credit Analysts with analysis and underwriting of new loan applications and portfolio management. You will apply your organization and clerical skills to assist Credit Analysts in data monitoring and analysis. You will also utilize your organization skills with continual monitoring of the loan portfolio to ensure credit files are complete and well-maintained and notifying the Team Leader and the CCO of any potential adverse information and trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains control over credit standings of accounts and furnishes information relative to credit inquiries, as appropriate.
- Gather and analyze credit information on current and potential borrowers including preparation of financial statement spreads for borrowers and guarantors. Perform collateral analyses for margin compliance. Prepare written summaries and financial trend analysis as requested.
- Work in concert with Credit Administration, Relationship Managers and Team Leaders to organize and manage a tickler system on all loan relationships.
- Monitor periodic loan/financial covenants to determine compliance, notifying appropriate parties for non-compliance.
- Contact borrower to obtain updated financial information to ensure quality of documentation within files.
- Manage special projects as assigned including, but not limited to, preparation of management reports.
- Investigates and analyzes credit.
- Monitors customer’s accounts and portfolios in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk of potential loss.
- Performs other duties as assigned
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.