- Possession of Licensure as a Certified Registered Nurse as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing Education at the time of application, appointment and during tenure of employment, in any area of specialization.
- One year of experience working as a Licensed Registered Nurse. Specialty training or experience in Infectious Diseases, Public Health and/or Preventive Medicine preferred. Experience with immunization highly desired.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and current developments of general nursing
- Knowledge of principles and practices of preventive medicine
- Knowledge of harm reduction principles, practices, and strategies
- Skill in maintaining effective working relationship with City agencies, the healthcare community, and the public
- Comfort interacting with a variety of health care professionals, including attending meetings and providing trainings
- Collaborate closely with community organizations to develop culturally appropriate materials and strategies to raise awareness about the dangers of a variety of infectious diseases, vaccinations to address infectious diseases, and solution-based implementation.
- Sensitivity to and experience working with ethnically, economically, culturally, and sexually diverse individuals, communities, agencies, and organizations.
• Standard office setting approximately 50% of time and field work 50% of time. 37.5 Hours per week
• Street outreach and collaborative events require staff to work in extreme weather conditions occasionally. Will be responsible for up to 4 tabling/collaborative events a year.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are 5 days a week with rotating weekends: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
The applicant must work from the Health Department offices and/or travel to various parts of the City for assignments, street outreach, and collaborative events.
This job may require moderate physical effort including lifting materials and equipment of less than 50 pounds.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation are handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to improve access to and quality of health and human services for underserved and vulnerable populations. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for the employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability , sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the health Federation of Philadelphia's employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.