Who We Are:
Neighborhood Health Center is a non-profit organization local to Portland, OR serving underserved patients in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, dental services and more. Our patient-centered approach to care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctors office is only one factor in a persons overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences in the workplace and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work with us?
- We are a non-profit organization, passionate about providing the underserved population with medical and dental services across the greater Portland area, committed to making a difference daily.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 20 days of PTO (based on full time employment), 9 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, quarterly wellness reimbursements, generous 401k retirement plan with employer match, employer paid disability insurance, EAP and life insurance.
- We were voted in the Top Workplaces 2020 and 2021 by our employees!
Job Title: Lead Dental Receptionist
Reports To: Clinic Manager
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Work Type: On-Site
Language Differential: Eligible
Under the direction and support of the Clinic Manager, the Lead Dental Receptionist will assist in overseeing and coordinating day-to-day front office activities, staff and operations (for both Medical and Dental in collocated clinics). This position will staff as a Dental Receptionist, responsible for performing front office duties, such as scheduling appointments, checking in patients, and compiling information to maintain medical/dental records while utilizing knowledge of medical/dental terminology and procedures. This position may also provide administrative support to the Dental Clinic Manager (and Medical Clinic Manager in collocations) to support clinic operations.
Essential Job Duties Lead Dental Receptionist, at least 50%
- Coordinates and facilitates medical and dental front desk huddles/meetings.
- Delegates and supervise daily duties of scanning and indexing documentation into medical/dental records according to organizational procedures.
- Assists with the development and improvement of receptionist workflows.
- Ensures scrubbing patient charts is completed daily, and reviews and corrects front desk registration and insurance errors.
- Provides cross-training and support for other receptionists as needed.
- Provides on-boarding training to new staff.
- Coordinates Medical and Dental bank runs.
- Greets patients with friendly demeanor and professionalism.
- Gathers visit reason, patient health history, financial and demographic information from patients and accurately inputs into EHR (EPIC).
- Schedules appointments and maintains accurate patient records.
- Confirms patients insurance eligibility and coverage information.
- Scrubs patient charts daily.
- Scans and indexes documentation into medical/dental records according to company procedures.
- Receives and routes messages and documents to appropriate clinical staff.
- Assists in new employee training on specific tasks, as needed.
- Answers incoming patient calls to support contact center, as needed.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Potential Job Duties Administrative up to 50%
- Reviews and prepares all dental staff timecards prior to Manager approval.
- Provides day-to-day administrative support to the Dental Clinic Manager and Medical Clinic Manager as needed.
- Updates Dental schedules in EHR (Epic) under the direction of the Dental Clinic Manager; may support changes in Medical schedules in EHR (Epic) as needed.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings; provides support by creating meeting agendas and recording and distributing meeting minutes.
- Orders food for meetings.
- Maintains inventory and overall appearance of shared office spaces regarding supply ordering and facility maintenance.
- Completes projects and special assignments in timely manner as directed.
- Provides ongoing support for special programs as needed.