Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
We currently have an opening on this team for an Industrial Engineer. The IE will be responsible for supporting the foundation for Continuous Improvement. The engineer will analyze and interpret data through multiple systems in order to identify and prioritize process improvement projects. The Industrial Engineer will work within cross-functional teams on projects across all of manufacturing and distribution. He/she will utilize lean and six sigma methodologies when applicable, to help lead improvement efforts across the organization.
- Shares expertise in the development and ongoing management of manufacturing measurement systems for all manufacturing and distribution departments
- Provides input in the development and implementation of capacity planning systems for labor and machine hours for all manufacturing and distribution departments
- Manages high level reporting, such as productivity and machine utilization reports for all manufacturing and distribution departments
- Manages daily performance reporting for Shop management, which includes activity for labor, jobs, and machines
- Develops, documents, and communicates best practices for all manufacturing processes, including distribution
- Analyzes potential process improvement opportunities for gains in quality, safety, cost, and throughput
- Establishes and maintains routing and manufacturing times that will in turn provide a competitive finished cost
- Monitors machine capacity and assists in the cost justification for new equipment purchases
- Provides guidance and recommendations to the Shop management team on process improvement opportunities using techniques such as: Work Measurement, Lean Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- Supports the Shop management team during the implementation of any process changes to ensure necessary documentation is created, employees are trained, the new process is followed, and the intended results are achieved
- Maintains current building layouts and proposes changes to those layouts as needed to facilitate process improvements