Accounts Payable Manager/ Payroll Assistant
At The Windward School, we are committed to helping students with language-based learning disabilities achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to a mainstream educational environment. Located in White Plains, NY, and Manhattan, NY, The Windward School educates more than 1000 students on three campuses.
THE WINDWARD SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Windward is a coeducational, independent day school dedicated to providing a proven instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth within an intentionally diverse and inclusive setting, enables students to understand their learning differences, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to a mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.
The Windward School is nationally recognized for its development of instructional programs and best-in-class teacher professional development. In January 2020, the School launched The Windward Institute, which is dedicated to increasing childhood literacy and disrupting the status quo in education through providing professional development for The Windward School, educators, clinicians, parents/guardians, and non-Windward students; advocating for the rights of students with language-based learning disabilities; building leading-edge education-research partnerships; and expanding the reach and impact of the proven methodology of The Windward School. This is an exciting time for Windward as Head of School Jamie Williamson leads Windward into the next chapter of its nearly 100-year history.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
Accounts Payable Manager Responsibilities
- Receive and processes vendor and consultant invoices for payment in accordance with Windward School policies and procedures.
- Maintain vendor files and ensure payments are processed in accordance with terms to optimize discounts and rebates.
- Sort and distribute all incoming department mail.
- Maintain vendor files to ensure accurate reporting and distribution of payments.
- Review and process all PO and non-PO invoices, check requests and credit memos for acceptance and payment ensuring compliance school policies regarding supporting documentation, approval, and account coding.
- Prioritize vendor invoices for payment to optimize discounts and rebates.
- Prepare and complete weekly check run in BlackBaud, collate checks and supporting documentation for signature, and mail signed checks in a timely manner.
- Follow-up on all outstanding checks older then 60 days, issuing a new check and stopping payment on the original check if needed.
- Reconcile vendor statements to identify any errors and work with vendors to resolve any discrepancies to ensure proper credits are given.
- Research for vendors on payments and additional information requested.
- Set up new vendors in database and maintain current W-9s for vendors.
- Assist with annual reporting related to accounts payable i.e. 1099 files., vendor projects, audits, etc.
- Correspondence, verbal and written with both internal and external customers including vendors, department heads, faculty, and staff.
- Track all prepaid payments record prior year prepaid items in new fiscal school year to correct accounts.
- Track all fixed assets payments and to assist with quarterly reconciliation and report to Construction manager.
- Order Purchase Orders, Check Stock and business office supplies as needed.
- Contribute to departmental and organizational special projects as assigned.
- Manage strict deadlines, work independently, and own ones work product.
Payroll Assistant Responsibilities
- Collect and process Substitute Pay, Hourly, PT Aide, Facilities OT, Admin OT timesheets ensuring proper approvals and follow up with Employees and supervisors regarding any discrepancies.
- Data entry in the Paycom payroll system of data sets and other information in support of payroll processing.
- Collect, review, and process all employee reimbursement requests, and verify submissions are consistent with the Schools Travel and Expense Policy
- Process quarterly stipends and all other special payroll entries