The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Immunization COVID 19 – CARES, Gotham Center, Long Island City NY, 11101)
The mission of the Bureau of Immunization (BOI) is to prevent the occurrence and transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases, such as hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, mumps, influenza, human papillomavirus, and invasive pneumococcal disease, through immunization.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, BOI is developing and implementing a COVID-19 vaccination campaign to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the health care system and the NYC community. The campaign will focus on the equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine, ensuring access to the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
Will provide additional support to manage the additional grant funding and support the BOI Fiscal Unit
- Monitor and coordinate purchasing goods and services; review, track and update purchase requisitions, purchase orders.
- Process the timely registration of new, renewed and amended contracts culminating in registration.
- Participate in RFP process, including conducting responsiveness checks and quality assurance reviews for submitted evaluations and review vendor bids, quotes, and contracts to ensure accuracy.
- and act as a liaison to various agencies and vendors to ensure integrity of bidding and delivery process
- Utilize the City’s Payee Information Portal (PIP), Financial Management System (FMS) and the VENDEX System for vendor background investigations to ensure compliance to agency, city, state and federal regulations
- Utilize APT, HHS Accelerator, FMS, PASSPort, PIP and other City information systems to prepare contracts for registration, including conducting responsibility determinations, ensuring vendor registration in required data systems, coordinating contract execution, and securing required approvals.
- Prepare weekly reports for internal and external stakeholders on status of work.
- Interact with representatives of requesting divisions, Business Law and Finance as well as oversight agencies to receive and provide clarification.
- Maintain Tracking of all contracts within the Fund Grant
- Will provide additional support to manage grant funding and support the BOI Fiscal Unit