Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
We have an opening for a Mandarin speaking Sales Engineer in our Sales Engineering Department. This group of engineers is responsible for the sale of our products, as well as technical support to customers. The Sales Engineer is responsible for managing customer relationships and needs, as well as maintaining and developing their assigned international sales territory by responding to part quote requests, interacting with customers, attending tradeshows, and partnering with marketing on various lead generation and follow up activities. We provide constant on-the-job training to help to develop our employees.
- Monitor customer sales activity and nurture new leads and opportunities for the growth of revenue and profit.
- Plan and coordinate travel to visit customers in given international territories.
- Responsible for developing assigned territory through frequent customer contact, quote follow up, and visits.
- Develop assigned territory by expanding targeted accounts, working with engineering on customized part requirements and designs, cooperating with marketing by attending tradeshows and following up on hot leads。
- Act as the primary contact for customers (in-person and virtually) in assigned territory, including phone, email and video contact.
- Work directly with various internal groups (including: Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, Estimating, Quality, etc.) on part designing, pricing, contracts, territory development etc.